- Events Calendar
- F&B / Amenities
- Member Services
- Coop Units for Sale
- Info for New Owners
- Transfer of Ownership Info
- Info for Resale Companies
- Timeshare Calendar
- News and Updates
- En Español
La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club combines vacation fun with all the conveniences of home. Opened on December 15, 1990, La Cabana now boasts almost 13,000 owners, hailing from all corners of the world with the majority from the United States, Venezuela, Colombia, Argentina, The Netherlands, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Panama, Greece, Japan and Australia.
It is a sprawling resort village that boasts a perfect location right across from the famed alabaster sands and glittering Caribbean waters of Eagle Beach. Fully appointed and updated rooms are complemented by delicious restaurants and refreshing bars, a large swimming pool with waterslide, a fully-equipped fitness center and restorative spa, a mini-market and shopping arcade, and so much more. Amenities such as guest services, internet access, all kinds of activities and water sports, and even a day camp assure a glorious stay that the whole family can enjoy.
A little bit about our History:
- In the summer of 1988, one of Aruba's most experienced business groups spearheaded by the Mansur family, shared a vision to create the most complete timeshare Resort on the island - unchallenged in recreation, entertainment, luxury and service. The name of the Resort: La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club.
- This Resort would consist of 449 units, a state of the art health club including sauna, racquet and squash courts, a tennis court, a free form pool with a water slide, upscale Restaurants and Bars and the most luxurious Casino in the Caribbean. The Aruban architect hired for this was Mr. Richard Eman.
- Construction of this Resort was in the hands of A.C.E. Construction owned by Mr. Marcelo Irausquin; works started in 1988 and the Resort was scheduled to open in April of 1990. However, due to delays in the construction, the Grand Opening wasn't celebrated until December 15, 1990.
- The band that performed that evening: The New York Band.
- On March 13, 1989 Vacation Consultants, the first sales & marketing company that was in charge of selling the fixed weeks timeshare units, started sales operation.
- On March 14, 1989 the first contract was sold; contract # 1004, and by December 15, 1990 a total of 5000 weeks were sold.
- On May 26, 1989 La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club was founded and on February 10, 1991 the company was registered at the notary Dr. J.R. Croes as Casa Grande Resort Cooperative Association 1, d.b.a. La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club.
- The first management company was OHEM.
- In 1997 after having sold more than 70% of the inventory, the developer Casa Grande N.V. decided to sell the unsold units to Blue Green Properties NV. that continued selling these units.
- In 2003 Casa Grande NV transferred the building to the Association.
- In 2004 Blue Green Properties NV decided to stop selling fixed weeks and started selling the point system. Recent audits show that Blue Green owns about 22% of the inventory.
- In 2005 the E-units and Oceanfront D-units were totally remodeled, with the exception of the bathrooms.
- In 2005 the Board of the Casa Grande Resort Cooperative Association I terminated the agreement with OHEM through a court case. This very important step can be compared with "Independence". The Board hired Blue Green Management Company to assist with the management and operation of the Resort and at the same time the Board re-hired the majority of the associates that were previously employed by OHEM.
- In 2007 plans were presented for a total remodeling of the rest of the units.
- In 2008 a $30M-3-year renovation of the units started. The construction company that won the bid for this job was Konstructiva N.V.
- In 2008: Reorganization of F&B, which resulted in the closure of three of the five food outlets on property, a critical but important decision to halt the losses in F&B outlets. After the separation from the Villas, LCB was catering only to 449 rooms versus 811 rooms before the separation, thus the need to decrease the size of the F&B department. September we closed Las Ramblas to move to a new location. Pizza More was also closed. In November we opened Las Ramblas and closed Captain's Table and Fololi's permanently.
- In August, 2010 the $1.8M Lobby renovation started. This included installing an elevator in the lobby with a custom made fire & water sculpture and a brand new glass staircase. The plans also included a new porte-cochère and aluminum windows for the entire main building. With the start of the lobby renovation the Cadushi Lounge was permanently closed.
- In 2010: Plans for a Casino have been on the table since 2008. The board had been negotiating with a local Business group to operate this Casino. Bidding for the construction took place in October, 2010.
- In June 2011, the name of the Cooperative Association was officially changed from Casa Grande Resort Cooperative Association I to Cooperative Association La Cabana Beach & Racquet Club.
- 1990 - 1991: Mr. Bernhardt Kainer was the first General Manager
- 1991: Mr. John Cooper
- 1991 - 2001: Mr. David Page
- 2001 - 2005: Mr. Lou Roelofsen
- Since 2006: Mr. Joe Najjar